Over 500 patented Reel Power DCB’s are operating worldwide
Reel Power Marine & Energy, Houston, Texas, (July 21, 2023) – Reel Power Marine & Energy is proud to celebrate 10 years of successful DCB deployment worldwide. Reel Power’s patented innovative depth compensated accumulators (DCB) can reduce subsea accumulator weight by over 40%, lower maintenance requirements, and improve equipment access. Accumulators are used to deliver hydraulic fluids to wellhead blowout preventers, subsea control systems, subsea trees and subsea accumulator modules. Among other functions, accumulators are used to actuate the shear rams on a subsea BOP stack.
Depth Compensated Accumulators use the pressure of the ocean’s water column to boost the hydraulic pressure, thereby allowing fewer number of accumulator bottles mounted on the subsea system.
There are 5 key reasons for the decade of success of the Reel Power DCB’s:
- Customers can set it and forget it. Once the nitrogen pre-charge is set, they don’t have to worry about changing for various water depths, saving non-productive time setting pre-charge as well as minimizing calculations and personnel intervention.
- Save weight and space. DCBs can usually save weight and space on any subsea packages when compared to conventional piston accumulators - some applications have saved 40% in accumulator weight!
- Greater efficiency. DCBs are especially effective in over 6000 ft water depths. DCBs are greater than 95% efficient by available volume while conventional are less than 15% efficient in deep water depths.
- Lower maintenance. Generally, the fewer bottles result in a cleaner system with less piping and lower maintenance requirements.
- Proven performance. The Reel Power Marine & Energy DCBs are proven in deep offshore drilling BOPs with an installation base of over 500.
Reel Power Marine & Energy also offers the Depth Compensated Accumulators (DCBs) for Well Intervention Applications. These DCBs have been redesigned for smaller volumes and available height for intervention systems. The repurposed design offers the many advantages of the DCB technology with comparable pricing to conventional bottles on equal applications. The patented innovative depth compensated accumulators reduce subsea equipment weights, lower maintenance requirements and improve equipment access
“As the most experienced manufacture in our industry we offer proven designs with a high installation base and can proudly report zero field failures for a decade running. Helping to improve our client’s profitability by increasing capabilities and reducing well costs is what Reel Power, and our DCBs are all about,” said Joe Henry, President and CEO of Reel Power. “We manufacture and stock everything within the US, and offer our technical expertise for customization in any application.”
About Reel Power Marine & Energy
Reel Power Marine & Energy is an innovative manufacturer and service provider that identifies challenges, designs solutions and manufactures quality products to solve offshore drilling and oilfield problems, saving customers time and money. The company is based in Houston, Texas. Visit www.reelpowerme.com for more information.
Reel Power Depth Compensated Accumulators use the pressure of the ocean’s water column to boost the hydraulic pressure, thereby allowing fewer number of accumulator bottles mounted on the subsea system.