Reel Power ME patented innovative depth compensated accumulators reduce subsea equipment weights, lowers maintenance requirements and improves equipment access. Accumulators are used to deliver hydraulic fluids to a wellhead blowout preventer, subsea control systems and subsea trees. Among other functions, accumulators are used to actuate the shear rams on a subsea BOP stack.
Accumulators are used to deliver hydraulic fluids to a wellhead blowout preventer, subsea control systems, and subsea trees. Among other functions, accumulators are used to actuate the shear rams on a subsea BOP stack.
The patented Depth Compensated Accumulators use the pressure of the ocean’s water column to boost the hydraulic pressure, thereby allowing a fewer number of accumulator bottles mounted in the subsea system. In some cases, the number of bottles can be reduced by over 90%.
The Depth Compensated technology provides a fixed volume output regardless of the changes from the surface to subsea temperatures and regardless of operating depth. The volume output is consistent and predictable every time. The Depth Compensated Accumulators perform subsea exactly as they do on the surface. Conventional accumulators offer significantly lower volume output at subsea due to changing temperatures and pressures at subsea compared to the surface. In some cases, conventional accumulators have only 15% of the volume at subsea as they have at the surface or less in deeper waters.
It's our 10th Anniversary of our 1st Depth Compensated Accumulators (DCB) Deployment - we have over 500 patented Reel Power DCB’s are operating worldwide. There are 5 key reasons for the decade of success of the Reel Power DCB’s:
- Customers can set it and forget it. Once the nitrogen pre-charge is set, they don’t have to worry about changing for various water depths, saving non-productive time setting pre-charge as well as minimizing calculations and personnel intervention.
- Save weight and space. DCBs can usually save weight and space on any subsea packages when compared to conventional piston accumulators - some applications have saved 40% in accumulator weight!
- Greater efficiency. DCBs are especially effective in over 6000 ft water depths. DCBs are greater than 95% efficient by available volume while conventional are less than 15% efficient in deep water depths.
- Lower maintenance. Generally, the fewer bottles result in a cleaner system with less piping and lower maintenance requirements.
- Proven performance. The Reel Power Marine & Energy DCBs are proven in deep offshore drilling BOPs with an installation base of over 500.
|Product Brochure||DCB Accumulators|
- Available Standard Sizes: 7.9 to 28 gallons; any size can be offered
- 5000 psi rated; other pressures available
- Wellhead Subsea BOP
- Lower Riser Package (LRP)
- Emergency Disconnect Package (ERP)
- Lower Blind Shear Ram (LBSR)
- Upper Blind Shear Ram (UBSR)
- Subsea Chemical Injection
- Subsea Control System
- Subsea Accumulator Skids
Lower your Operating Costs
Depth Compensated Accumulators use the pressure of the ocean’s water column to boost the hydraulic pressure, thereby allowing fewer number of accumulator bottles mounted in the subsea system. In some cases, the number of bottles can be reduced by over 90%.
- Reduced weight on the BOP and subsea systems
- Less accumulators and reduced space on subsea systems
- Reduced maintenance
- Improved stack equipment access
- Most efficient subsea accumulator
- Maintains performance regardless of depth
- Proven design with high installation base